Monday, December 31, 2018

Two years of motherhood

Dear Jaivardhan,
Just in few hours from now, you will turn two, I thought your first birthday came fast, but you’re second? That arrived at a more lightning speed.

x

As you turn 2 today, I can recall each and every moment of yours in this whole year, right from your first independent walking to your first forming of sentences, your imitations to your rhymes, your love for my lipsticks to your compliments every time I get ready, I remember each moment so clearly.

You had such a fabulous year with so much energy, love and excitement. We thoroughly enjoy every moment of you growing. You are such an affectionate child my love, your sweet talks to your gesture toward everyone you meet, your interest in pooja to your passion for drill machines, we have seen so much of you in this year and may you keep growing the way you are doing. You have teeth now! You talk and walk and eat all by yourself. You know your own name and have proven every hour of every day that you know mine and rest of the family members too.



Next year is going to be a very exciting as well as a bit challenging for you,from the cozy and protected lap of your grandparents and chachu you will be stepping out with your parents in a totally different environment. I know you will miss their presence but then finally after two years ,your father will get to see you every day, you will sleep and wake up next to both your parents which will be really special for both of us.

This year will also start your pre schooling phase and I am so eagerly waiting to see you in uniform… each milestone of you is like a dream coming true for us.


You are becoming so much more independent now and while I am so proud of you, it makes me sad to think that you need me a little less each day. But then I realize that you just need me in different ways.
Instead of needing me to carry you as we walk around, you need me to hold your hand as you walk beside me. Instead of needing me to pat you to sleep, you need me to tell you stories. Instead of needing me to tell you what we are doing, you need me to give you choices as you learn and grow.
My sweet little gutkulu, two years old you are today and before we know it you’ll be three, then four… you grow so quickly sometimes it feels like I can’t keep up. Then you grab my face in your little hands and give me a kiss, you wrap your little arms around me and say ‘jai ki muma bahut pyari hai “and the whole world slows down.

I feel privileged to be your mumma. As you journey into the next year—which I’m sure will be the tremendous twos, with some terrible thrown in for good measure—I’m filled with anticipation to watch you become more and more uniquely you. My heart will be right there, growing alongside you, my love spreading to cover every new inch of you.
So Happy Birthday, my little man. Grow, play and have fun and always know, jai ki muma loves jai a lot ,lot & lot.
Stay happy, healthy and blessed J
Love
Mumma




2 comments:

  1. Dats really nice ND true.. Happy birthday little champ.M sure ur gona grow up as a very handsome and loving man. Lots of love chutku ��������birthday wishes from rumi as well ����

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations kinnu & chandan

    ReplyDelete